Σάββατο 10 Απριλίου 2010

Procol Harum - Shine On Brightly (1967 Psychedelia)

Shine on Brightly, by the UK band Procol Harum, was released in 1968 and consolidated the success of their debut album; it was influential in the development of progressive rock by breaking all pop and rock music standards with the 17-minute epic "In Held Twas In I", which marked the beginning of the lengthy progressive rock suites that would occur later in the 1970s. The epic's title is an acroynm, putting the first word of each each movements' lyrics into it as shown: In (glimpses of nirvana pt 1) Held (glimpses of nirvana pt 2) Twas (twas teatime at the circus) In (in the autumn of my madness) I (Look to your soul). In addition, progressive rock band Transatlantic covered this song on their album SMPT:e. Their version extends glimpses of nirvana by cutting out Twas teatime at the circus.
  1. "Quite Rightly So" - 3:40
  2. "Shine on Brightly'" - 3:32
  3. "Skip Softly (My Moonbeams)" - 3:47
  4. "Wish Me Well" - 3:18
  5. "Rambling On" - 4:31
  6. "Magdalene (My Regal Zonophone)" - 2:50
  7. "In Held 'Twas in I": - 17:31
    1. "Glimpses of Nirvana"
    2. "'Twas Teatime at the Circus"
    3. "In The Autumn of My Madness"
    4. "Look to Your Soul"
    5. "Grand Finale"

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου